For the purposes of this Privacy Statement, unless the context requires otherwise:
References to we, us, our and TN2T are references to the trustees of Tauhara North No. 2 Trust and includes of our employees, contractors, representatives, or other authorised personnel;
References to you and your are references to you as the person that is accessing this Site;
The Act means the Privacy Act 2020;
Personal Information has the meaning given to that term in the Privacy Act 2020; and
The Site is our website, the home page for which is at “www.tauharano2.co.nz”.
1. We respect the privacy of all persons and will comply with the Act in collecting and handling all Personal Information, including the collection of any of your Personal Information through you access to this Site and use of any of the services or features provided on or in connection to this Site.
2. This Privacy Statement governs the collection, use, disclosure and storage of your Personal Information by us throughout this Site. This Privacy Statement is supplemented by, and is subject to, any other privacy statements that apply to any particular services or features offered by TN2T.
3. By accessing the Site, or using any of the services or features provided on or in connection with the Site you authorise our collection, use, storage and disclosure of your Personal Information in accordance with this Privacy Statement and to the extent not prohibited by the Act.
4. The Personal Information we may collect from you in connection with this Site includes:
a. identification details (including name, details of your whakapapa, date of birth, place of birth, pictures);
b. payment information;
c. demographic information;
d. contact details (such as postal and physical address, email and contact phone number);
e. proof of identification (such as driver’s licence, passport, 18+ card, birth certificate);
f. names of parents, grandparents, great-grandparents and great-great-grandparents; and
g. email and phone correspondence with TN2T.
5. We may also collect the following Personal Information for research and statistical purposes, including the following:
a. device and location information;
b. site usage information (collected by cookies); and
c. information provided by advertisers and marketers (such as information collected by cookies).
6. We may collect Personal Information about you in the following ways:
a. directly from you or third parties acting on your authority or who you authorise TN2T to make contact with about you;
b. publicly available information;
c. through your use of the Site and the services and functionality offered through it;
d. the agents and service providers that TN2T may engage to assist TN2T with fulfilling any of the purposes recorded in this privacy statement; and
e. third parties connected with matter(s) related to any benefits provided by TN2T.
7. TN2T collects your Personal Information to provide you with the best possible service while you visit the Site. TN2T may use this information for the following purposes:
a. To process any submission you may make on the Site and to help provide services you may have requested.
b. To assess eligibility for our services.
c. To offer the most relevant information suitable to you and your interests.
d. Any marketing, promotional, publicity, direct marketing or market research that we may undertake.
e. To respond to communications received from you.
f. To conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymous basis).
g. For any other purposes for which you have given permission.
8. If you do not provide all or any of the Personal Information on our request, you may be unable to access all parts of this Site, and we may be unable to provide the products and services offered in connection with this Site, to you.
9. Personal Information TN2T collects may be shared with:
a. employees and contractors working for TN2T, to the extent they help provide the Site, and any products and services in connection with the Site, to you;
b. third party service providers who help TN2T provide the Site and the products and services offered in connection with the Site;
c. our affiliates and related persons, for the purposes as set out in this Privacy Statement;
d. our business partners and any Government/Crown agencies that we work with or help us undertake our functions;
e. any persons as required or permitted by law; and
f. to anyone else, with your consent.
10. TN2T will keep your personal information only for as long as is required for the purposes for which the information may be lawfully used. Following this, TN2T will de-identify or securely destroy the information.
11. TN2T will not sell nor rent contact information lists to parties who are not part of TN2T.
12. To the extent TN2T can reasonably control, we will not use any Personal Information for purposes other than that for which it has been collected.
13. Some of our third-party providers may be located outside of New Zealand, including cloud service providers, software providers, accountants, and other service providers. This may mean some of your information may be disclosed, held and/or processed outside of New Zealand. Where these service providers are based overseas, TN2T will take reasonable steps to satisfy ourselves that they are subject to privacy laws that, overall, provide comparable safeguards to those in the Act.
14. When visiting the Site, TN2T collects personal identifiers from your browsing activity such as:
a. requests by your web browser to our servers for web pages and other content on the Site, and these requests are recorded;
b. information of your: geographical location, internet service provider and IP address; and
c. information about the software you are using to browse the Site, such as the type of computer or device.
15. TN2T use this information in aggregate to assess the popularity of the webpages on the Site and how we perform in providing content to you.
16. Cookies are placed by software that operates on our servers and by software operated by third parties whose services TN2T use.
19. TN2T use third party tools such as Google Analytics to monitor usage of the Site. These third parties collect information anonymously. They report website trends and usage without identifying individual visitors (not by name nor IP address). TN2T have no control over how your Personal Information is processed by third parties such as Google. Please read the privacy policies or statements of third party providers, such as Google, to understand how your Personal Information may be used by these third parties.
20. You may find links to third party websites on the Site. These websites will have their own privacy policies which you should review to confirm whether you are comfortable with them. TN2T have no responsibility or liability for third party website policies.
21. If you provide us with Personal Information about another person (for example a spouse or relative) then you are responsible for ensuring you have authority to do so and that the person consents to our use of their Personal Information as set out in this Privacy Statement.
22. You must also make that person aware that you have disclosed their Personal Information to us and that we will use their Personal Information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
23. Subject to the Act, you have the right to access your Personal Information that we hold and to request a correction to your Personal Information.
24. However, we reserve the right to deny or limit access or amendments to your Personal Information where we are entitled by law to do so.
25. If you have any queries or concerns about this Privacy Statement or our response to your access or correction request you can make a complaint to the contact details below:
Please make contact in written form:
Website Privacy Officer
Tauhara North No2 Trust
26. You are responsible for ensuring that all information that you provide to TN2T (including your email address) is accurate, complete and up-to-date. You must advise TN2T as soon as possible if your email address or other contact details changes. Any changes may be subject to verification by TN2T.
27. You are responsible for ensuring the security of the Personal Information held on your computer, mobile or other device.
28. TN2T will take all reasonable steps with its physical, technical, organisational and electronic security to protect your Personal Information against loss, damage, misuse, unauthorised access, erroneous disclosure, alteration or destruction. As part of our security measures, TN2T use secure servers and industry standard data encryption for transmission of Personal Information on the Site, known as Transport Layer Security (TLS) or Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocols, you can check this is active by looking for the padlock symbol on many browsers. TLS allows a secure connection between your internet browser and our internet server, using a private (or secret) key to encrypt the information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Whilst we strive to protect such information, we do not warrant and cannot ensure the security of any information which you transmit to TN2T. Accordingly, any information which you transmit to TN2T is transmitted at your own risk. You should never share your secure information, password or identifier with any other person.
29. At any time, TN2T may revise this Privacy Statement from time to time. The revised version will be published on the Site with the date of the latest update.
30. This Privacy Statement is the first release on 18.08.2021
Terms and Conditions